Health Sciences
2012-2013 University Calendar

3 General University Information and Regulations : 3.2 Personal Information : 3.2.5 Name

This is the name that will appear on your degree, diploma, or certificate on graduation, and on your transcript. It is also used by the Quebec Ministère de l'Éducation, du Loisir et du Sport (MELS) to create a Permanent Code.
All students are registered under their legal name as it appears in one of the following documents:
1. Canadian birth certificate
2. Canadian Immigration Record of Landing (IMM 1000 or IMM 5292 and Permanent Residence card, both sides)
3. Canadian Immigration Study or Work Permit document
4. Certificate of Acceptance of Quebec (CAQ)
5. International passport (for Canadians, a Canadian citizenship card is required. Note that a Canadian passport is not acceptable.)
6. Letter from international student's consulate or embassy in Canada
7. Marriage certificate issued outside of Quebec (translated into English or French by a sworn officer if in another language). Note that Quebec marriage
certificates are only acceptable if issued prior to 1984.
8. Certificate of Name Change issued by the Quebec Directeur de l’état civil
In the case of a variation in the spelling of the name among these documents, the University will use the name on the document that appears first on the above list.

Changes are made after the publishing of this Calendar. Always check the Class Schedule at for the most up-to-date information. This includes class times, locations and instructors.

Note: “you” refers to students newly admitted, readmitted or returning to McGill.

Use the Course Search for descriptions of all courses and the term when they are offered. Search for courses using specific keywords in the free-form field. Note: not all courses listed here are offered every term or year.